An immaculately-presented detached barn conversion on a rare breed farm, within the Dartmoor National Park, a mile from the small village of Peter Tavy, and close to the market town of Tavistock.
In a rural setting up on the moor and with magnificent views of Dartmoor, this cosy cottage is ideal for a peaceful getaway close to excellent walking routes.
Boasting an attractive interior with oak flooring, exposed beams, luxurious soft furnishings and a stone fireplace housing a woodburning stove, this Tavistock cottage retains much original character and charm.
The open plan living area opens out to a private enclosed sunny garden, a quiet place to read and relax; whilst indoors, the woodburning stove will ensure that guests are always warm, whatever the season.
There is a very spacious mezzanine king-size double bedroom, along with a bathroom on the first floor, whilst on the ground floor is a twin bedroom and shower room.
This holiday home is set on a small farm specialising in small breeds, and guests can make arrangements with the owner to see some of the animals, including goats, pigs, chickens, cows and ponies.
Tavistock has a good range of shops and some renowned restaurants and pubs, while the slopes of Dartmoor are on the edge of the town and are very popular with walkers.
With National Trust properties and outstanding gardens in the area, along with sandy beaches within an hour's drive, this delightful cottage is the ideal base for exploring this stunning part of Devon.
Two bedrooms: 1 x mezzanine king-size double, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. Utility.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games, toys and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Access to a dog walking area/paddock
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1 mile
- Seasonal shop on caravan site 2.5 miles
- Note: Two steps down to access prop and two steps down to access ground floor bedroom