The Latches is a character country cottage in a rural area, within the small hamlet of Torbryan, near Totnes and Torquay.
This welcoming family home has some interesting features such as exposed beams and a large stone fireplace, and feels cosy yet spacious.
The sitting room, with woodburner, is where the family can relax in comfort after some walks in the pretty country lanes eminating from the cottage.
This leads through to the bright light conservatory, where there is plenty of space to dine in comfort and look out onto the garden, with wildlife ponds and large lawn bordered by shrubs.
In addition to the spacious kitchen with range oven, there is a utility room and ground floor shower room.
Upstairs, the master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and extremely comfy Vi-Spring mattress; the double has great views of the garden and the small twin has some interesting original murals that the children will love.
The gentle countryside surrounding the cottage provides ample opportunity for walks and guests will particularly enjoy the walk to Orley Common and then on to Ipplepen where there is refreshment to be had in the friendly pub.
For those seeking a bit of history visit the nearby Bronze Age settlement at Denbury with its beautiful signposted walk.
The area has an abundance of activities to enjoy on the doorstep including birdwatching, rock climbing for the more experienced at Orleigh Common and a variety of green lanes suitable for mountain biking with direct routes to village pubs for refreshment stops.
The popular towns of Totnes and Newton Abbot are a short drive away, Dartmoor National Park, with its many attractions, is about 20 minutes’ drive, and The English Riviera is a lively holiday area with several beaches including those at Torquay, Teignmouth and Shaldon.
This cosy cottage provides a quiet family home close to many different adventures.
Three bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double (zip/link can be twin on request) with en-suite bath, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x 2’6” twin. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Conservatory with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner and dining area.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Range cooker with separate electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Storage for bikes and equipment
- Enclosed lawned garden with ponds, patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: There are two unfenced ponds in the garden, children to be supervised
- Note: The stairs are steep and narrow, may be unsuitable for young children or those with limited mobility.