This comfy home-from-home wooden lodge with a private hot tub is situated on the Honicombe Manor holiday resort close to the village of Gunnislake, located on the Cornwall /Devon border.
For a holiday that gives you the choice of being as active or relaxing as you wish, this delightful lodge is just perfect.
Set in 20 acres of rolling countryside in the beautiful Tamar Valley, it is ideal for touring both Cornwall and Devon and is close to both Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor, so your options are endless.
Arriving at the lodge you will notice that it is arranged in an upside down style, with all of the three bedrooms on the ground floor and the spacious yet cosy living room with kitchen, dining and sitting areas on the first floor.
The lodge has been arranged to make the most of the views from the balcony which is accessed direct from the living room, and this is a great spot to relax at the end of a busy day.
Patio doors lead from the double bedroom to the outside patio complete with your own private hot tub.
With the owners including membership passes to the leisure club in your rental, you have the opportunity of using the large indoor pool complex, the outdoor heated pool, gym, tennis courts and soft play area anytime between 9am -5pm every day during the main season.
Walkers too are well catered for here with delightful walks, trails and paths throughout the magnificent Tamar Valley, literally from the door.
Whilst all of Cornwall and Devon are easily accessible from this lodge, there are three nearby ‘must visit' highlights that should be included in your itinerary.
Calstock is a picturesque riverside village with breathtaking scenery, a useful tip if you want to visit Plymouth is to take the train from Calstock and enjoy the trip along the beautiful branch line.
The National Trust-run medieval house Cotehele and the restored port of Morwellham both offer fascinating relaxing days.
With so many places to visit and so much to do an enjoyable break here will be welcome whatever the time of year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with Jack-and-Jill access to bathroom, 2 x ground floor twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs, WiFi available on-site in leisure areas
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Patio with furniture and hot tub
- First floor balcony with furniture
- Shared use of on-site leisure club at Honicombe Park (closed 25th December and 1st January only) including indoor heated pool, outdoor heated pool (May – Sep inclusive), sauna, mini gym, outdoor chess, tennis courts and soft play area
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- On-site pub and small shop in reception 5 mins walk.