This lovely whitewashed, semi-detached farmhouse is situated on a non-working farm in a rural setting attached to the owners’ home and near the small village of Northlew on the edge of Dartmoor.
Set within a tranquil setting with superb farmland and rural views, this traditional cottage provides a countryside getaway for a family or group of friends who will love the friendly pet pigs, alpacas and Ryeland sheep kept by the owners.
With two reception rooms and a large kitchen with breakfast area, there is plenty of space for the family to watch TV together or dine comfortably in the separate dining room in front of the fire, before adjourning to the sitting room.
There is a master bedroom with en-suite basin and WC, two twin bedrooms, one of which is in the eaves of the farmhouse and only suitable for small children, and a single bedroom with a family bathroom.
You can sit in the enclosed garden where dogs and children can play safely, and adults can enjoy the quiet peace of a rural garden, whilst relaxing with a refreshing drink or dining alfresco.
The local village of Northlew has a charming square where you will find a pub and a community shop whilst Dartmoor National Park provides fun-filled activities such as pony riding, tor bagging, letterboxing and exploring miles of rugged open space.
Why not venture on one of the variety of walks along the pretty Devon lanes?
The north and south Devon coastlines are only short drives from this comfortable farmhouse and the cathedral city of Exeter offers plenty of retail therapy opportunities plus bars, restaurants and cafes.
A fabulous, well-presented cottage in the heart of Devon where a warm welcome awaits.
Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite basin and WC, 1 x twin, 1 x eaves 2’6” twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room with electric woodburner-effect stove. Sitting room. Boot room.
- Oil central heating with electric stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, maps, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Secured bike storage
- Enclosed front garden with furniture and pool table in barn
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Stairs are steep and very wide with narrow half landing leading to each room, unsuitable for people with limited mobility
- Note: There is limited headroom in the eaves bedroom, only suitable for children up to age 10
- Note: Mobile signal is variable
- Note: Max 5 adults.