This semi-detached cottage is a former miller’s cottage; part of an Historic England Grade II listed corn grinding water mill, set beside the River Lemon in a rural area, three miles from The English Riviera town of Newton Abbot.
This well-restored three-storey house feels welcoming, spacious and light with plenty of exposed beams, stone walls, antique furniture and interesting fireplaces.
The ground floor living room is tiled with underfloor heating and is home to a woodburner, ensuring a warm and cosy atmosphere where you can relax in comfort.
Upstairs, the bedrooms sit across the first and second floors, including two doubles plus a bathroom with a character, claw-footed bath on the first floor, and two doubles with an additional family bathroom on the second floor.
The kitchen was originally the dairy parlour; now it offers a breakfast area, the perfect place to grab a bite to eat before heading out for the day.
Doors open onto the rear riverside patio with furniture, a sunny place to sit and listen to the birds.
The grounds surrounding the cottage are wild meadows where guests are free to wander down to the river.
Nearby, The English Riviera is a lively holiday area with several beaches including those at Torquay, Teignmouth and Shaldon, whilst the wild moors of Dartmoor can be found within just a couple of miles.
There is also the Hedgehog Hospital in Newton Abbot, Babbacombe Model Village, Paignton Zoo and several spectacular National Trust properties, all within easy reach.
This unique cottage is full of character and is sure to provide a warm and welcoming retreat after your daily Devon adventure.
Over three floors. Four bedrooms: 2 x double, 2 x second floor double. Bathroom with freestanding bath, basin and WC. Second floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast area. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Air-source heat pump central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and woodburner
- Electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, use of washing machine and tumble dryer by arrangement with owner, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Patio with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: Due to the riverside location, children must be supervised at all times
- Note: Path between parking and property is part ancient cobbles and uneven
- Note: Dogs to be kept on lead outside cottage
- Note: Max 6 people including infants.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £150.