This detached Alpine lodge is set on a hillside within the peaceful grounds of Honicombe Manor holiday resort, in the Tamar Valley near Gunnislake.
Surrounded by trees rich in wildlife, this Gunnislake cottage offers beautifully-presented accommodation in an upside down style, ideal for a large family.
There is an open plan living area on the first floor, leading to a sunny balcony with comfy seating and views over open countryside.
The on-site facilities include seasonal indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools and tennis courts.
Just a couple of miles from this Gunnislake cottage is Cotehele, a National Trust house, gardens and historic quay by the River Tamar, with woodland walks and formal gardens.
Families will love the train along the scenic Tamar Valley line from Gunnislake to Plymouth, perhaps stopping off at Calstock viaduct en-route.
There is a donkey sanctuary along the road from this Gunnislake cottage, and the mining village at Morwhellam Quay, used as the location for the Edwardian Farm TV series, is also close by.
This part of Cornwall is designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is a World Heritage Site for its mining history.
After all this sightseeing you can return to this Honicombe Manor cottage to relax and unwind.
Four ground floor bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x twin, 1 x single, 1 x adult bunks. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area (seats 6) leading to balcony.
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi available on-site in leisure areas
- Electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Shared use of on-site leisure club at Honicombe Park (closed 25th December and 1st January only) including indoor heated pool, outdoor heated pool (May – Sep inclusive), sauna, mini gym, outdoor chess and tennis courts
- Ample off road parking
- Large balcony terrace with furniture
- Shared use of estate grounds
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops, pubs and restaurant 1 mile
- Supermarket 4 miles
- Note: Property accessed by 14 steps, may not be suitable for the less mobile
- Note: On-site leisure facilities available to guests (closed 25th December and 1st January only)