This cosy cottage is attached to the owners’ farmhouse, in a rural location on the outskirts of Ashburton in the Dartmoor National Park.
Situated on a quiet farm that breeds and trains racehorses, along with keeping miniature Shetlands, this is the perfect spot for the family to enjoy the beauty of inland Devon, being surrounded by acres of rolling green pastures grazed by ponies.
This lovely cottage feels warm and welcoming yet the oak floors, exposed stone and inglenook fireplace give the cottage a lot of character.
The décor is tasteful and modern and the woodburner is ideal for toasting your toes after a day walking on Dartmoor.
On the first floor there is a spacious king-size double bedroom, plus a twin bedroom (or super king-size double on request) and bathroom on the ground floor.
Also on the ground floor is a kitchen, along with a sitting room with dining area.
The property boasts a private lawned garden with a patio that backs on to the property’s 25 acres of land which boasts fantastic views.
There is a public footpath running alongside the property which leads to Ashburton, a 20 minute walk, where there are excellent shops and pubs.
The pub in the charming Dartmoor village of Widecombe-in-the-Moor is highly recommended, as is Ilsington village pub.
In this beautiful rural heartland of south Devon you are spoilt for choice when it comes to farm food and local ales.
Stay with a friendly family of racehorse breeders who are incredibly welcoming and helpful and be inspired by the natural beauty of Devon.
Whether it’s a private break away or an adventurous Dartmoor family trip, Whiddon Well caters to all.
Two bedrooms: 1 x eaves king-size double, 1 x ground floor twin (can be super king-size double on request). Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Toys for babies on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lawned garden with furniture and children's slide
- Secured wishing well with safety mesh
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: The eaves super king-size double has sloping ceilings and may have limited headroom
- Note: Due to horses and nearby ducks, chickens and cows, please ensure pets are on a lead outside the premises
- There is a peg to which long reins/leads can be attached
- Note: Ofsted registered childminder available, contact owner for fees and for further details
- Note: There are steps leading down to the cottage
- Children can use the slide and there is an alternative route with only 2 steps up for those with limited mobility
- Please speak to owner for more information
- Note: There is an interconnecting door linking the owners’ property and the holiday cottage that can be bolted from both sides
- Note: 4pm check in.