A characterful end-terrace cottage, virtually on the South West Coastal Path, within a 10 minute walk of Brixham harbour with its bustling activity on and off the water.
It is conveniently situated for the Queens Arms which won the South Devon Camra Pub of the Year 2014 and has repeated this award for 2016.
The cosy cottage feels warm and welcoming, with stone fireplace and open fire in the sitting room, guaranteed to get the family gathering together after a busy day of coastal fun.
Also on the ground floor there is a small kitchen/dining area, plus a shower room.
Steep stairs, with safety handrails rise up from the sitting room to the first and second floor where there are two double bedrooms, one a king-size, a twin bedroom in the eaves and a petite bathroom.
A bonus of this charming cottage is the off road parking space at the rear plus a sunny courtyard garden, offering an ideal corner in which to relax at the close of the day.
A short walk downhill is the busy Brixham Harbour, on the south of Tor Bay and is proud to have one of the largest fishing fleets in the UK.
Every day, over 100 fishing boats land and sell their catch at the local fish market on the quayside, and visitors can watch the busy comings and goings of the fishing fleet, made up of large beam trawlers and the smaller day boats.
Close to the mouth of Brixham Harbour is Breakwater Beach, one of the cleanest beaches on the English Riviera, South Devon’s beautiful bay.
Not only is it a Blue Flag beach, but it has a Seaside Award and been recommended by the Good Beach Guide.
Farther afield, why not take the ferry to Dartmouth or Torquay, which both have a good reputation for fashionable restaurants, interesting boutiques and of course, all the amusement and activity along the waterfront?
Alternatively, you can take a boat trip and cruise up the River Dart to Greenway, Agatha Christie’s former holiday home, and spend the afternoon in the lively market town of Totnes.
This cosy cottage is part of the important heritage of this charming fishing harbour.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double with TV, 1 x second floor eaves twin. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Second floor eaves bathroom with 4'6" bath, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire.
- Gas central heating with open fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, 2 x TV with Freeview and catch-up, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, stairgate and highchair
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed courtyard garden with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop, pubs and harbour 10 mins walk
- Note: Steep stairs with bedroom doors on first floor opening directly onto these stairs
- Note: Second floor is in the eaves and both the bedroom and bathroom have restricted headroom in places
- Low doors elsewhere in the property
- Note: Max 5 adults
- 1 infant.